BLC History

Brighton Lacrosse Club (BLC) was formed in 1929 at a tea shop on Old Beach Road opposite the original Brighton Railway Station.
Our original clubrooms consisted of a salvaged tin shed, over time our members fundraised to build something more substantial, which we then extended in several stages over the decades.
From humble beginnings we have built our club on a foundation of teamwork, dedication, and pride.

Since those early years BLC has grown into one of the largest lacrosse clubs in Australia, we currently field 6 senior and 14 junior teams with players aged from 5 to over 60.
With around 160 junior and 90 senior playing members, 24 life members, over 100 social members and hundreds of supporters, BLC forms a large part of our local community.
0ur Senior Men and Women’s League teams have been Grand Finalists on 19 out of 20 occasions over the past 10 years and have won 14 premierships between them in that time. Our State League women’s team have won the last four Premierships in a row.  Our teams also hold numerous Australian Club Championship titles.

Our junior and senior players and their families, our other members, volunteers and supporters form the backbone of BLC. It is with their combined efforts and dedication that our junior and senior teams have been so very successful, in terms of our player numbers, our representation at State and National level and of course in winning Premierships.
It is not only our on field success that we consider important, but also the friendships and strong bonds we form off field, resulting in the family friendly atmosphere of our club. Several nights a week our clubrooms are packed with families, friends, supporters and even opponents coming together to socialise.
We have many families who have children, parents, uncles, aunts and even a few grandparents playing!

Login

Lost your password?

Create an account?